Content – it’s the most important part of your online presence and profile!
The most important part of your website – new or existing – is the content. The words!
- You haven’t got the foggiest idea of how to write your website content.
- You have written it but would like us to check over it, proof read it and suggest any other ideas or information that may be missing.
- You don’t have time – even though you could write it. Or you just don’t want to.
- You know need to have an online presence and profile but your don’t know what to do, how to do or who to talk to!
where would we be without words?
They are powerful tools used to effectively communicate your key messages.
They help potential customers get to know you and what you stand for.
But most importantly, website content (or online content in general) must be written differently to traditional print content because search engines look at your words – specific words, in fact (among other things) – and the way your content is written. In other words, Google has its own way of doing things and we must abide.
EC Writing Services offers these tips to writing quality content for the web
- Know your audience and what they want.
- Research your topics and develop the finer points, look at what industry experts are saying and use this as a basis to form your own spin.
- Killer content is useful and informative, so make sure you are contributing more than what others have said already.
- Your content writing must be quality, credible and consistent. That means you must qualify yourself appropriately as an “expert” in your field.
- Credible content means no sales spins or promotional pitches. It is about good quality information that your readers can learn from.
In saying that, you still need to have a call to action, a way for people to find out more information, opt-in to a newsletter and buy from you, if that is what you want them to do.
- Keep it clean and clear.
- Write in a conversational tone.
- Keep it short and to the point.
Melissa Gladman, www.melissagladmanphotography.com