Meet The Wow Team and learn about our business’s culture
We pride ourselves on a caring, inspiring and entrepreneurial atmosphere in anything we do at EC Writing Services.
We are passionate about bringing out the very best in our clients’ writing ability and business growth, through our supportive and dynamic team member who are scattered all over the globe – living their Wow Life!
Clients and team members alike are encouraged to take every opportunity to lead and take initiative to get the most out of your time with us, while also contributing to the groups with your ideas, content, partnerships, collaborations and a-ha moments!
In return, our CEO Liz Campbell and the senior management team will be committed to you and motivated for your success so you get the very best out of our programs, products and services, and the WOW FACTOR experience.
And we like to think of ourselves as one big happy family!
Fun – to always be having fun even when we are busy.
Style – everything we do reflects style and beauty.
Family – act like a family, support each other, look after each other, coach each other and we treat our clients like family too.
Positivity – always choose to be optimistic and reach for a higher feeling of happiness.
Respect and Honesty – have respect for the business, boss, team, clients and people, animals and the planet in general. Own up to our mistakes, accept them and move on.
Gratitude – be grateful for every opportunity this business, our clients and life give us.
Communication and conversation – have effective conversations and be outstanding communicators online, with team and clients, our followers and people in general! We strive for a high level of customer service.
Meet our awesome WOW Team!
Sanity Saver (PA and project manager) –
Ee Zen is a whiz with systems, operations, processes and our inbox where all the magic happens.
Hi, I’m Ee Zen and I love to talk about systems because systems are your secret weapon to getting more done, serving more clients, feeling less stressed so you can accelerate your business to the next level.
They are your SANITY SAVER!
I help to map out and streamline operation workflows to improve productivity and create valuable assets. I absolutely love what I do because it gives me the opportunity to share my message and see people become the best version of themselves.
I have 10+ years’ experience in streamlining systems and processes, as well as implementation, improvement and maintenance.
Best marketing tip: Be real and authentic when socialising/networking with other people.
Advice to your younger self: Stop worrying so much and have a go.
How do you want to have an impact in the future? My vision is to provide job opportunity to mobile disability people so they can have a second chance in their career path.
Head Wow Writer, Shazia
Shaz (as she is affectionately known, has been with The Wow Team for many YEARS – and we are so proud of that. She is our Head Wow Writer and a Word Stylist at heart. She writes across a wide range of topics and industries, but her secret weapon lies with every keyboard stroke… She just has the writing love and knack. Shaz has been writing for as long as she can remember and penned a book when she was a teenager!
1. What is your role, why do you love it and what makes it original? I am a writer. I love writing because every client and project is unique, different and exciting. I learn so much just from the research that I put into each piece.
2. How long have you been a writer and what’s been your biggest learning experience? I’ve been a writer for my entire life — when I was a teen I created a 40-page “book” with my cousin that I was very proud of. At first, I loved the idea of writing fiction, but as I developed my skills I’ve found that I enjoy research writing. Out of university, I wrote my way around the world by freelancing during a gap year trip. At one point I was creating content for 10 different companies/individuals–I felt like a true writer, and I was so grateful to each of those clients for trusting me with their content!
3. What’s your best marketing tip? Get on the phone. Opportunities happen when you reach out to others and make connections — you can have amazing content, beautiful branding and a killer value proposition, but connections are the real difference maker.
4. What piece of advice would you give to your younger self? Don’t be afraid of putting yourself out there, and trust that you have something valuable to offer to others.
5. How do you want to have an impact in the future? I’d love to create a business around something I’m passionate about. I’m passionate about a lot of things so it’s hard to settle on one topic — but I’m confident that I’ll figure it out!
6. How do you know Liz? Liz and I met via Upwork when I was searching for new freelancing opportunities. She’s a joy to work with!
Marketing VA – Tom
Tom leads what we call the Wow Life … travelling and working as a marketing VA. He currently resides in Bali, but could be in Malaysia or England tomorrow!
Biggest learning curve living the Wow Life: I’ve been working online since January and I’d say the biggest learning curve has been time management. As I don’t have an office, setting up my day around the work I need to get done has been very important and a challenge as I live on the beach!
My best marketing tip: Is to keep it honest and stay true to what works for you. Don’t try and do something that doesn’t sit in line with what you stand for or what you’re about. Find what works, what you’re comfortable with and hone in on that. Once you’ve got that then just keep pushing on with it and the rest will fall into place.
Advice you would give your younger self: Don’t stress the little things and don’t ever pigeon hole yourself. There’s a world full of opportunities out there if you go in with an open mind.
All-Things-Digital Expert – Mel
Mel is our ATD (all things digital) go-to superwoman! She knows everything about the digital space and looooves social media like no one we know!
Why do you love what you do? I get to help people who are doing great work in the world and are helping others. And I love making tech things – which can sometimes seem overwhelming and unattainable – approachable for businesses who don’t want to work with large agencies.
How long have you been a digital expert and what’s been your biggest learning experience? I’ve been working with WordPress since 2009 and building websites full-time since 2016. I’ve learned that it’s better to focus your skills on a few key areas rather than trying to do everything and spreading yourself very thin.
What’s your best marketing tip?Talk about what you do – a LOT. Not everyone who knows you in real life knows what you do in your business. And explain it succinctly so that someone who isn’t in your industry can understand it.
What piece of advice would you give to your younger self?Learn widely, read a lot about things that aren’t related to your immediate interests. Everything is connected somehow. Eat the cake. Do the yoga classes. Don’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself just because everyone else is scared of looking silly.
How do you want to have an impact in the future?I want more women to be involved in the tech space. I’d love to teach web design at universities or schools.
How do you know Liz? I met Liz online and have worked as part of her virtual team for years.