Boring does not equal new clients, my friends. So if you said yes, here are 10 profit-driven content writing tips you can start using today to get your audience excited about your business.
First of all, let me say sorry.
I’m sorry if you like boiled chicken and you find it delicious. But it was the most boring thing I could think of and, for me personally, boiled chicken takes me back to the late 2000s when I was on a mission to lose weight and started seeing a personal trainer.
He put me on a strict diet of protein shakes, brown rice, broccoli and boiled chicken.
YUCK! First of all, I don’t like broccoli unless it’s covered in some amazing Chinese food sauce like black bean or sweet and sour, and secondly is there anything more boring than brown rice, steamed broccoli and boiled chicken with no sauce of any kind anywhere to be seen?
If you agree with me, then we can stay friends!
However, sticking top that awful food diary did allow me to lose the weight I wanted in record time. Probably because I skipped most of the boiled chicken meals!
One of the biggest struggles business owners have – profitable content
The biggest struggle I see business owners, entrepreneurs, coaches and course creators have is creating content that speaks to their audience, content that is fun to read and content that is profitable.
Just because you create content – doesn’t make it profitable content.
What do I mean by profitable content (or profit-driven content)?
It’s content that results in the end outcome of a lead or new client. This is the ultimate result all business owners want from creating content.
But it can be hard to get.
“We don’t want to push our ideas on to customers, we simply want to make what they want.” Laura Ashley
Just think, if you are researching a brand and their content – website, blogs, social media, videos and so are – are fun and exciting, what do you want to do?
You want to keep engaging with that brand or at the very least stick around on their website consuming more and more content, and giving them a follow or a like.
Top statistics about content marketing – Editor’s Choice
- 72% of marketers have reported that content marketing has quantifiably improved prospect engagement.
- 65% of marketers struggle with creating engaging and Google-loved content.
- Small businesses with blogs get 126% higher lead growth than small businesses without blogs. Source: Small Biz Genuis https://www.smallbizgenius.net/
5 steps to creating profitable content:
It’s planned: Very rarely is great results-driven content just thrown together. Most of the time (like 99 per cent of the time) it is well thought out, it’s beautifully crafted, it’s planned ahead of time and it makes your audience go WOW!
It’s right for your audience: It answers all the questions your audience has. It gets them to think differently. It asks them to take inspired action. It makes them want to step up their game in whatever area you are discussing.
It’s fun: Creating content that’s fun and exciting to your audience is the first step to profit-driven content. Look at ways to make your topics fun – you can try catchy headlines, trends, polls and personal stories.
It’s researched and structured: Profitable content is well researched and structured. That means when you are creating it, you draw on your own experience and knowledge, but you also research your topic. You inject statistics and facts that prove your points. You write in a way that’s easy to understand and navigate.
It’s promoted: Finally, you must promote your content and you must have a solid content promotion strategy that works. This is probably the most important step when it comes to creating profitable content.
Here are 10 profit-driven content tips to start using today
- Have an attention-grabbing headline … make people want to stop their scroll immediately.
Dog-lovers who leave their fur-babies at home all day might appreciate this one: Spotify launches playlists for dogs left home alone
- Back it up with a gob-smacking lead sentence. Go for something that’s OMG-worthy and actually makes then say “whaaaat” or “yesssss” out loud.
- Use a really intriguing image. What does intriguing mean? “Arousing one’s curiosity or interest; fascinating.” Source: Oxford Dictionary. Think outside the square, is it a part of an image you use, or something that’s really colourful, or something very personal.
- Make a bold statement. You might like to even get a bit controversial for your industry.
Controversial Nike Vaporflys to escape ban but running shoe rules will tighten
World Athletics will not be imposing a blanket ban on the controversial hi-tech Nike Vaporflys that have transformed athletics when it announces its long-awaited decision on shoe technology on Friday, the Guardian understands.
- Use a statement that well knows and put your own spin on it. Just like Bishops billboards has done.
- Use a savvy call to action that asks your reader to take the next step.
- Share your content with a wider more targeted audience and send it to your database. 93% of B2B marketers use email to distribute content. (Hubspot)
- Always give a next step for people to take if they have enjoyed your content. For example, a free download where they can leave their email address and details, or a product for sale such as a book, workshop ticket, evergreen webinar or another form of premium content like a template or ebook.
- Look at what has worked for you in the past to get engagement and leaders – polls, quizzes, stories, links, an outrageous deal – and replicate that type of content into a regular formula.
- Try something new. If you’ve never done a live video or video before, try it. If you have been wanting to start a podcast, do your research and set it up. If you see someone creating downloadable PDF content and they are changing for it, give it a go, if you’ve always wanted to create a monthly subscription – all I can say is TRY IT!
“How to win in life:― Germany Kent
1 work hard
2 complain less
3 listen more
4 try, learn, grow
5 don’t let people tell you it can’t be done
6 make no excuses”
The same can be said for your content!
Writing great profit-driven content that gets you the results you truly desire takes time and effort. It takes trying new things and reworking what you’ve already done.
The worst thing you can do is give up and say it doesn’t work.
It doesn’t work for a certain reason, and you need to find that reason so you can have online success. In this day and age, your business depends on it.
If you are struggling to make your content stand out in front of your audience, I have something for you.
A seat to my live online workshop “Content Writing Success”.
It is very rare that we have a day without a sale from our content.
And I’d like to show you the profitable steps to success and the way we create content so that it gets the results we desire and have the type of impact that is meaningful to me and my team.
If it’s time to raise your standards, click the link and book your ticket.
Commitment, drive and ambition are what makes you great at what you do – gives you an edge to help you stand out.
Next logical steps
We just welcomed 4 new clients (well, 3 new and 1 repeat) in 24 hours from one social media post…Plus we have 2 more people interested in working with us. All from that one post.
Would you like the actual template I used to write this and many (many) other posts and content like it that always allow us to serve more people?I’m sharing it (and others) in my Content Writing Success live online workshop on February 13 from 10am-1pm, where I’ll also be taking you through the 5 proven steps to content writing success + 25 tips and ideas to make more money from your content.
Getting leads, clients and results are three of the biggest issues small business owners, coaches and course creators face – and I’d like to show you how I overcame these issues to have sales, signups and new clients in my inbox every single day.
Early-bird tickets end soon, then the price will resume at full price.