“I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do with my content!” – modern business owner, worldwide
No one likes to feel stuck – and you can feel very stuck when it comes to business and content.
But being stuck is a feeling, not a fact.
Are you feeling stuck between “I have to keep going” and “I’m so freakin’ over it”?
I’m hearing you. Sometimes, it can all just get too much. But feeling stuck is more like feeling out of control. And if you are anything like me, sometimes you just want to go back to bed, put on an episode of Suits and pull the covers up over your head.
However, if you are truly honest with yourself, you know that is not going get you anywhere and feeling stuck is just a feeling, one you can change by taking action.
A recent study has found that 69% of people feel trapped in the same old routine, and only 3 out of 10 people are happy with their lives. People are feeling stuck. (Source: Lifehack)
I’ve figured out a 3-step strategy that helps me when I’m feeling stuck and I’d love to share it with you:
This came about when I was feeling very stuck in my business while navigating the divorce of my first marriage (happily married again, I have to say!).
And while I didn’t know it at the time, I had created a little “get out of being stuck” method that helped (and still helps) me get unstuck.
1. Awareness: Understand where you are at now and where you want to be. Now write down what issues you are having.
2. Approach: Knowing the issues you are having, what approach can you take to start to overcome them? What kind of help do you need? Is it a person, a thing, a team member, do you need to outsource, do you need to google it, do you just need to trust yourself or is it a case of raising your standards?
3. Action: Now that you know what approach you need to take, it’s time to act on that. If it is help you need from a particular person, get in touch with them; if it is a course, sign up to it; if you don’t particularly know what you need, start googling and asking questions; and if it’s an area you need to outsource, start qualifying people.
HOT TIP: If you are having trouble with your content, I’ve got something that will help … our 8-week Content 2 Ca$h online course will take you from stuck to unstuck so you can write profit-driven content every time.
The best thing you can do is figure out why you are stuck. Sometimes you’ll be able to do this yourself and sometimes you might need some professional help. At other times, it is going to be a case of “wait and see” or “give it time”.
The worst thing you can do is stick your head in the sand.
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.”Theodore Roosevelt
If you follow this three-step method, you will be able to get yourself unstuck and move through your issues, problems, obstacles and challenges with more ease, grace and flow.
Especially with your content, because it’s an awesome feeling when you have been stuck with your content and then it starts to get more attention.
You’re awesome, don’t doubt yourself
But sometimes when we have had a little bit of success, you might start to doubt whether it is real or if it will happen again.
It’s really important to focus on the wins and successes you have had, so if you are feeling the doubt starting to creep in, try focusing on:
- Making an effort to always be improving your writing.
- Raising your content standards because that’s when you will see true results.
- Learning more to keep getting better and better at it – do the course, sign up to the program or get that mentor on board.
Luckily, we have so many tools at our
disposal – books, videos, expert advice and friends willing to help you out.
All you have to do is start where you’re at with what you’ve got.
Remember, content is a journey
Content writing is a journey. On this journey, there are countless times we need a helping hand, even if it is to figure out where you’re at and where you want to be.
Do you sometimes wonder if your words resonate with your reader emotionally? Whether you are making any difference to anyone? Or how you can get better results?
I’d love to tell you “Yes, your words resonate” but for most business owners, content is very hit and miss. What I can tell you is this: you can always raise your standards and have a greater impact through your content.
And if you know where you are on the Content Journey, it’s a lot easier to get results and have an impact at the same time.
There are 5 levels:
- Get Started
- Wow Factor
READ ME: You can read all about these levels here.
Each one is important and you can rarely skip through them (even though I would love to tell you can. It is possible if you outsource, but there will still areas you need to be across and you will have tasks as a business owner you can’t get away from when it comes to your content, like proofreading it or helping to create strategies and topics).
When you know where you are at with your content – then you can make a plan to move through that level quickly and easily and fast-forward your business growth and results.
Every small business struggles in one way or another. It can take time to garner followers, or get engagement, and especially to get sales from your content.
But you can definitely have success when you focus on creating content that your perfect target audience wants and keep sharing memorable content that strikes a chord with them – and soon you will see more engagement, leads and new clients coming into your circle of influence.
Just don’t lose faith in content! It is a tool powerful enough to build the most loyal, interactive and engaged community of action takers, as long as you have the patience to keep going.
Motivational tips to keep creating content when you feel stuck
Share some “serious” content like meaningful and inspiring stories, problems in your industry or where you are at right now.
- You can also share a news story you identify with.
- Share a promotion or offer you have.
- Try something light and easy like funny memes or a joke.
- Just start writing from the heart and see what comes out to the surface. You decide if you post it or not.
- Write something different and surprise your audience!
Write content that gets results
Learn how to write profit-driven (and awesome) online content that connects with your audience to reach more people, builds your list, triples your leads and grows your profile and business with more clients and opportunities
🙃 Does promoting yourself make you feel sick because you don’t want to be seen as salesy, pushy or annoying?
🙃 Do you feel like content is just hard work and you don’t have the time?
🙃 Are you getting little to no engagement from your content and posts?
🙃 Frustrated by no return on your investment? NO SALES or the WRONG clients!
You need Wow School’s Content 2 Ca$h course.
The most comprehensive writing course on the planet for busy business owners
I believe anyone can learn to write their own awesome online content. You just need to learn the content basics, know and understand the structures and then have the time to dedicate to it.
What’s inside the course?
It’s time to stand out, write words that connect and find your voice … to rise up and let it be heard, so you can share your amazing experiences, your own personal journey and stories and showcase the knowledge you have accumulated. We follow a proven framework:
1. Devise a solid CONTENT FOUNDATIONS STRATEGY
2. Find your STYLE online and your write for your Business Bestie
3. Write words with SOUL and SUBSTANCE – use stories and other secret tricks and hacks
4. Work to the winning STRUCTURE – we have a template for every piece of content imaginable, include the 7 pieces of content you need for a WOW Online presence
5. Land more SALES – and other money makers from your content. Yes, it’s possible
Together we will write the most profit-driven content:
- Blog and social
- Lead magnet
- Landing page
- Email series
- Promotion post
- Email blast/newsletter
This course is for you if:
- New to content writing/business
- You know you need to write and create content but you don’t know where to start – no strategy or structure
- You have an established profile/business, but it’s not getting you results – clients and sales!
- You need to overhaul your content ASAP
If this sounds like you and you’re stuck with your content and can’t get out of the content rut, check out the course here.