DID YOU KNOW: The word ‘strengths’ is the longest word in the
English language with just one vowel
I love sharing these fun facts with you – first, because I generally learn something new and, second, because it gives us a chance to connect.
I was talking to Celise, our Client Happiness Expert today, and we were, for argument’s sake, talking about one of my “strengths”… my ability to make room in my brain for more information after a quick content dump. The thing is, once it’s gone – it’s pretty much gone forever and you’ll have to remind me what we were talking about five minutes later.
I think others call that a Dory memory! #findingnemo
Anyway, I call it a strength, once it’s out, there’s room for new and exciting information and it usually means I’ve taken action.
The lovely Celise has just clocked up her 3-month anniversary with us and so we have been talking about her strengths – she’s very good at building rapport with people and connecting easily.
Building a connection is a much-needed skill when you are in business – and it’s something you can do within your content too.
In fact, there are 4 significant content writing formats you can create:
- Ad Content – strictly advertising content, like in a magazine
- Sales Content – content with an intention … like you would see on a landing page
- Value Content – sharing useful info, like a blog
- Connected Content – bringing together the elements to build relationships and get results one word at a time! This is my favourite.
Writing connected content may not come easily to you, so here are 3 hot tips to writing connected content and build confidence that you can easily implement today.
Facts and stats:
Find and share fun facts about your industry or yourself. You can also use data and statistics to make your point more relevant.
Tips and teaching:
Recipes, tips, resources and how-tos are easy ways to show what you know in a meaningful (and connected) way.
Stories and images:
Connecting with people over stories is by far the easiest way to communicate and connect. When we share a story, we connect on a deeper level. It’s up to you how personal you get, but from experience the more personal and emotional you get, the deeper the connection and the higher the engagement! Add a picture to that and – WOW – your content connection rating will go through the roof!
Now, if connecting through content is not your strong point, it might have something to do with your content confidence, that is, not having the confidence to put yourself out there through your content.
It’s a very real thing and many business owners – even established ones – struggle with this.
And you know what it comes down to? Courage … and taking little steps with your content each day to put yourself out there in front of more people.
Here are some other things you can do to grow your content confidence:
- Create: Just keep creating content and putting it out on a regular (daily) basis. This will help you understand what your audience wants from you and what you enjoy creating too.
- Team: Get the right people around you. One of our clients gets us to edit her content because English is her second language and she was worried her content wasn’t good enough. By investing in this service, she is now more confident in putting her content out there and she is also getting better at writing too. It’s beautiful to watch.
- Learn: Learn the art of content writing and creation and increase your skills in this area. This will build confidence. So many of our Wow School Global clients feel more confident and comfortable in putting themselves out there in their content and what they stand for that their content brims with connectedness – and they get results too.
- Believe: It’s time to believe in yourself … you know your industry, you’ve got this. You have skills and experience that no one else has, and it’s time to show your potential clients what they are missing out on by not working with you. Believe in yourself and your business, and you will be creating connected content in no time at all.
On that note, I have something for you that will help in al of the said areas and also to build confidence:
FREE WEBINAR: Get CONFIDENT with CONTENT in 5 EASY steps!
FACT: One of the biggest topics business owners talk to me about is confidence and not having enough of it to put themselves out there – especially when it comes to content.
Is your confidence factor holding you and your business back?
If this is you or someone you know, I’ve put together a free webinar on >JUNE 19< at 7pm (AEST time) for business owners who are struggling to put themselves out there online because:
– You don’t believe your content is good enough
– You don’t feel confident promoting yourself or your business 🤝
– You feel your content writing skills are holding you back 🤚
– And you’re looking for a way to change this
🛑 In this webinar, I will teach you 5 contract strategies to put yourself out there with more CONFIDENCE.
One of the ways to get more confidence is to just take the first step – and that’s this webinar.
If you’d like more confidence, leads, clients, sales and opportunities this year. Join me. Reserve your seat ASAP