So it’s that time of year again when planning is all the rage for the new year.
Dreams and aspirations.
Time spent scrawling on notepaper and creating vision boards.
Some business owners love it.
Some have no idea you even need to do it.
And for others it’s their worst enemy.
So if you are someone who doesn’t enjoy planning their content or you don’t even know you have to because you never have before – here’s how you tackle the online content planning beast.
1. Understand your goals (content and business)
What are your business goals for the new year? For example, increase revenue by 50 percent. That means you need to find ways to get more sales, repeat business or new clients. How can your content and content strategy help you achieve those goals?
And then think about, what exactly do you want your content to achieve for you? Be specific, write down what you want, how you intend to get it, and how content can help you get your desired results.
2. Get to know your target market
Understanding and identifying your target market and what they need from you (including the issues they have) is the absolute key to success because it allows you insights into their lives, frustrations, dreams and goals, so you can effectively WRITE content that feels like you are reading their mind.
Really get to know them, take one of your clients to lunch or a coffee and ask them direct questions. Listen when they talk with you.
3. Be clear with your message
Identifying the message/s for your content is some you need to factor in. What message are you sending? How do you want to be seen online? How are you showing up online? Does your target market understand who you are, what you do and how you can help them?
Or do they just see you swanning around on Instagram not working and showing how much you travel or eat?! Think about the message that sends. To me it says, I’m busy leading and loving my life, and I don’t have a business or need any new clients.
One of the most frequent questions I get is … “what is a message, anyway?!” I’ve got a really easy framework called “Know your Message” that’s inside my Wow Words content planning and writing course.
4. Give your words WOW FACTOR
Do your words have the wow factor? Or are they considered boring, salesy or pushy? Your engagement level will tell you how your words rate on the wow factor scale.
Identifying, what I call your Wow Words and those of your business bestie is a major engagement and money step.
These power words mean more engagement, more interaction, content that easy to write, a clear message and best of all conversations with potential clients.
5. Use topics your audience wants
Coming up with what to write about quickly and easily is a feat within itself. But are your topics strategic? Are you writing content that your business besties and audience actually want or are you just winging it?
Planning your content based on the factors I have mentioned above will help you create content and write about topics what your audience will find
6. Get effective with your writing
Writing is the biggest struggle I see people have and it breaks my heart. There are only a few things you can do to get around this issue. Learn more, practice, use templates and outsource.
When you’re learning you increase your earning capacity. Writing is an invaluable skill. Those who don’t have it either want it and learn, or want it and outsource the task.
Practicing and honing your writing skills will help you achieve better results from your content.
7. PROMOTION is the key
Your content is nothing without promotion. It’s like marketing a new course, product, service or even yourself or your business, your content deserves a place in your promotion schedule too.
If you don’t have a promotion plan – you just won’t get the results you desire from your content because you are not getting it out there in front of as many people as possible.
Promoting yourself, your business and your content are sure-fire ways to increase engagement, sales and clients. It is a huge and specific money step.
Is your content mediocre, boring, pushy, too salesy or non-existent because of time, lack of experience, scared to put yourself out there or you would prefer to do your washing… <or some other procrastination issue you have>!
Maybe you’re just starting your content writing journey, and you need to get the foundations right or you just need some planning direction for 2020. Never fear, you are not alone and I have something for you to consider.
ENTER…the Wow Words content planning and writing course. Inside this 4-week easy and fast course you will learn how to:
- Plan your social and online content in just 10 mins a week (once you get this strategy down it will only be 2 mins a week!).
- Write social posts from our proven templates in just 10 mins a day and blogs from our template in 20 mins.
- Devise topics that your target audience wants to help turn them into paying clients.
- And get a proper content and promotion plan in place to get even better results from your content.
What is the Wow Word content planning and writing course?
The Wow Words content planning and writing course is a complete content strategy course that you can duplicate for any content project to quickly plan and write share-worthy, clickable content that gets you engagement and converts into leads and clients.
It is a 4-part content planning and writing, self-paced course to get more engagement from your social media content and reap the rewards of an abundance of leads and inquiries.
Who is it for?
– business owner
– service provider
– full-time employee looking to start your business
– network marketer
– coach or mentor
– course creator
What does it cover
– strategic topics your audience is attracted to
– your personal message/s and how to insert those into your content
– understanding your audience and how to find out what they need from you so you are always stepping ahead of them
– Wow Words (TM): Our tried, tested and proven formula that will have your audience saying “you read my mind”
- 10 x social media content writing templates
- 1 x blog writing template
- 1 x website content writing template
- 1x story-writing template
- 3 x 2-hour Writing and Planning Workshops per year
- Access to the Wow Words Mini Course forever
- Worksheet: How to promote your business, yourself and your content
- Template: Your Easy Promotion Plan
- Writing Template: How to write a piece of promo content
- 20+ other content templates at your fingertips
How is it delivered?
It is an introductory program under the Wow School banner and will be delivered through:
– online workbooks
Bonus: Content planning training and Content 2020 planner downloadable.
Become a pro in just 4 weeks! Sign up to our course and get $100 off at the checkout.
To get started and get instant access visit here.