Blog writing and ghost blogging
We are always asked … Is there an art to writing a blog?
Yes, and so we’ve summarised it into the following tips for you:
- Know what your audience wants to read about and just give them what they want.
- If you don’t know, just ask your target market.
- Be passionate, positive and honest about your topic.
- Write online content often even if it is just a photo, video or short post.
- Have some material ready to go so you aren’t scrambling every time.
- Give tips and useful information, or an entertainment factor.
- Have fun with your web content!
Everyone has a blog these days. It’s a very common website element and form of communication to your business bestie. And if you don’t have a blog … you should have one!
A blog could be about anything and by anyone, but as business owner you would use your blog to convey a personal side to your brand and company, express important information or to keep your readers up to date on their happenings – and use it get more leads and new clients!
When writing a blog there are three things to keep in mind:
- Develop your personal writing style. It can still be professional with a conversational tone. You must also have appropriate and topical material.
- You must post often. Be consistent and regular. At least once a week.
- Let your readers engage with you by being able to comment.
The biggest issues facing you as a business owner…
Nine times out of 10 our customers engage us to ghost blog for them. That means we write your blog and you post them as if they are your own. Win-win!
Sadly, the biggest problem people have is TIME … you just don’t have enough time to do it yourself.
The second biggest problem, if it’s not a time factor thing, it’s skills based … you don’t know HOW to write.
>> And quite frankly you don’t want to learn how to write either. You just want someone to do it for you!
Other reasons why business owners engage us to write is because you:
- Know what you want to say, but can’t get it out in the form of the written word.
- Don’t have enough time to sit down and write your web content, but want to maintain a regular blog and presence online.
- Have written about the same subject for years and need some fresh ideas and thoughts.
- Just want someone else to do it.
- Have no idea! where to start.
Kind word alert
Thank you for all your hard work and great ideas, it’s great when you find someone who actually cares about your business, it makes it a lot easier to achieve the results were after when you have someone as positive as you are. I look forward to working with you more in the future as my business grows.
Scott Dawson, owner, Compliments Picture Framing