Even if you’re happy with the current number of sales you’re making, there are always ways to increase your bottom line – yes, even in the current climate.
Online marketing is just one of these ways, and if done effectively, can make a real difference in your business and profits.
Try these online marketing techniques to make more sales:
1 – Make use of affiliates
When you use affiliates, they generally promote your business online and drive new customers to your product or service. In exchange for this, you pay the affiliates a percentage of each sale that they make.
- Affiliate marketing is not only an effective tactic but a cost-effective one too. You don’t have to pay for advertising up front in order to get new prospects. You don’t pay until after the sale is made, and then you only pay a percentage of each sale to the affiliate.
- Also, the traffic generated is already targeted to your particular niche. When traffic is pre-warmed, it’s more likely to convert into a sale.
- The trust factor is already there because of your affiliate association.
2 – Use the power of social media
Social media allows you to keep in touch with your customers while simultaneously growing your brand. It is more informal than your website, so a lighter, casual presence is required, but you can still be professional and share your message, value, products and services.
- Your goal on social media is to engage with your customers. Ask questions, respond to their questions and participate in discussions. You can create polls and do giveaways and competitions.
- Post valuable and interesting information (aka the info that will help them right now), and you will have a better chance of having your content shared.
- Use a variety of formats for your posts, such as text, images and videos (live and pre-recorded).
- Let your followers know of special sales, promotions and offers that you currently have too. They’ll be glad to save some money!
If you are not utilising social media marketing in your overall marketing strategy, I believe you are missing out on a huge number of potential customers.
3 – Target mobile phone users
How often are you on your phone? Nowadays, most internet users browse the web using mobile devices. Ensure that your website and other marketing materials, such as your emails, are mobile-friendly.
SMS is another area you can explore as a cost-effective way to reach new customers. Text messages have a higher open rate than emails. Take advantage of texts to reach local customers interested in your products.
4 – Gain customers through giveaways
People love to receive free stuff, so why not take advantage of it? You can offer a coupon or freebie in exchange for a potential customer’s email address. Once they’re on your email list, you can continue to share your incredible value with them via emails and newsletters.
Opening a competition on social media can also be an effective way to build your email list or drive sales to new and existing customers.
5 – Create videos
One of the fastest-growing forms of content online today is video content, so it makes sense to take advantage of this trend.
NOTE: You don’t need to create highly polished, professional videos. Most successful videos are simpler and show that you care about your customer base, rather than the way you look. But it is important for your brand – so keep that in mind.
Just create a few how-to videos showcasing what your company does or how your products work.
6 – Include testimonials on your website and in your social content
One effective way of showing how good your products or services are is by including testimonials from your clients.
- Allow your customers to submit their own video testimonials and reviews and ask them to post on Facebook and Google.
- To encourage your customers to make testimonials for you, you may want to consider offering a gift or discount coupon for their next purchase.
A positive review could turn a possible sale into a definite one, so encouraging your customers to make testimonials is worth your time and efforts.
Making the effort to try these tactics could bring you more sales and greater profits. It’s only when you try different techniques that you discover for sure how effective they can be.
Want to create a WOW online presence?
Many businesses struggle to connect with the target audience. In an attempt to be professional or an expert, maybe you end up being overly formal, use high-end words and often sound like you would on your LinkedIn profile. But, is that really you?
You are your business – and your brand’s content, voice and style should reflect YOU!
These are some of the inspiring modules we teach on our Content 2 Ca$h online course. What’s stopping you from sharing your unique personal journey, amazing experiences and knowledge with every content you publish?
“When I started the Content 2 Ca$h course, I thought I had a really clear idea of what I wanted to create. By week four, I was blown away by the creative structure that saw me find a real gap in the market I was targeting.” – Pip Rae, Businessowner
In this Content 2 Ca$h course, we will learn to:
- Devise a killer content strategy for your website, blog and social media
- Reach out to your business besties with your WOW words
- Leverage your stories and write soulful content like never before
- Master the 7 pieces of content you need for a WOW online presence
- More sales, leads, clients, opportunities and success – all with content!
- 8+ calls and lives
- 50+ templates
- 30+ videos and webinars
- Content creator – 144 ideas for online content
- SEO Module – to help you get found by the right people
- How to brand your content and take your audience on a strategic journey
- The chance to work at your own pace!
We will write content for socials, emails, websites, email blasts, landing pages, lead magnets, newsletters and so much more!
Let’s get started on how to write impactful content, help your audience and grow your business – all at once! Register here