It’s that content plan and planning time of year, isn’t it!? And yet, there are some busy business owners who haven’t quite done theirs yet.
And that’s OK, but it’s time to get to it.
If you are going into the new year (and even a new month, now) without a plan of attack, let me give you some reasons why you should plan your content in advance!
Not only will it save you so much time and energy down the road, but it will also ensure you are getting down awesome ideas, and sending material out there to all your fans, who love you and want to hear from you when you get busy and can’t create content!
Just like having a wardrobe full of bridesmaid dresses like in the movie, 27 Dresses, here are 27 planning ideas that don’t need to wait for a special occasion! You can get started on them now:
- Have a big picture strategy – Instead of just producing content haphazardly, a plan makes sure that you are abiding by the big picture and every move works with your vision and mission.
- Organise your messaging – Planning means you can focus on themes for each period of the year, so your messages will be relevant to the season and occasion.
- Organise your assets – You want to be sure that you are deploying the right assets for your content when it’s due and not underutilizing your content assets. A plan also ensures you don’t run out of assets.
- Integrate with your marketing – Poor planning makes your content run in isolation with your marketing strategy, which is counterproductive for you.
- Build an audience – How do you plan to keep your audience growing if you don’t have a proper plan for your content?
- Achieve quality and quantity – Know how much content you need and have enough time to get the right quality of service for your efforts to get the right results.
- Improve search engine ranking – Rank higher on Google and other search engines by having and implementing a good content plan.
- Make your company more relatable – Tell a story with your content that is never-ending and keeps people coming back for more. Your audience can then be converted into customers.
- Reach company goals – You can’t achieve your set goals if you don’t have a plan that you’re following. Success will not come on its own.
- Track progress – How do you know that you are making advancements if you don’t know where you’re coming from or going to?
- Optimise your marketing team – Know who is doing what and when they are doing it.
- Produce content that is effective – Having a clear strategy is important to producing content that is effective.
- Consistent tone – Your message has to be consistent and everyone being able to see your message should be able to identify it as yours.
- Leverage on different channels – Spreading your efforts out across several channels requires a solid arrangement on distribution of assets and content.
- It simply just makes sense – You can’t go about running a business without having an arrangement to make it work.
- Save money – Planning saves you money during deployment efforts to make marketing content work.
- Amplify content – Progressively putting your content out according to a plan increases effectiveness and your reach across multiple channels.
- A good reason to follow steps – Following steps is easier when you have a direction for what you’re doing.
- Justify putting someone in charge – Your content person should have a long list of stuff to do for a period of time and a content plan provides just that.
- Improve customer engagement – Be in touch with your customers at all times.
- Content is important – It helps to run a marketing strategy in line with a plan to get it right.
- Establish a brand identity – Effective branding requires a direction, style, and an approach.
- Increase productivity – Get more from your efforts to achieve your business goals.
- Identify patterns – Planning helps you to make changes when patterns show themselves.
- Get everyone on board – Aligning your staff and team is easier when you have a means of measurement for them and a common document to work with.
- Keep you focused – Know where you’re going every time you look through your plans.
- Save time – Stop wasting your time on content every other week. Do it once and get it over with.
Now, if you’re really ready to jump in and lay the foundations for an amazing year of content, why don’t you join us in the Mini Squad. These are the people who have taken action and signed up for the Intro Wow Words Mini Course and have started creating content that is planned and speaks to their audience.
You can, too. Check out what it’s all about right here.