If there is one thing I’ve learned in business, it’s that you need to find ways to promote your business and get people talking about your business.
In all the good ways of course.
When I first started in business, I didn’t really want to promote my business or myself, so I promoted my content instead.
It proved to be a valuable move because I have never been seen as a “salsey” person (well, that’s what I am told!) and I get feedback all the time that we share awesome information.
You can certainly do this too … just share really amazing content that connects to people and makes them feel like they are the only person reading, listening or watching.
Over the years, I started promoting our services, courses, products, other people, my clients and my higher-end options like Wow School.
So today on the blog, you may benefit and enjoy reading these promo tips that have worked for me and my clients to get their business, brand and content out to a wider audience.
- Competition and giveaways
- Groups – Facebook and LinkedIn
- Submit your website to directories: EG White Pages, Yellow Pages and Yelp (Google others)
- Have a content link on your business card – so to your free download, podcast, YouTube channel or a landing page with your FUN product
- Pay to boost your posts
- Website URL or link to content as a sticker on your car
- Referral or affiliate program for your tribe and clients
- Turn your brochure into a free download on your site – make it juicy.
- Post in communities – EG Blog Engage, BuzzFeed, BizSugar, Viral Content Bee, Quuu
- Facebook, Insta, LinkedIn and Youtube ads / or any other places you would like to advertise
- Automated message on your socials – that directs people to your free download or Facebook/LinkedIn group
- Promote your business with a link in your email signature to direct people to your download, blog, landing page or Facebook group
- Try Outbrain – it’s a paid service that adds your content to the bottom of other pieces of content usually with a bigger audience than yours
- Engage a PR company or use Sourcebottle
- Round-ups – Google the words monthly list, weekly review, event roundups and get into to some new areas where you can showcase your products, events, workshops and services. EG Weekend Notes, the newspapers and magazines have book reviews you can submit to, they have event sections you can also submit too. Look for local directories too in your suburb.
Try these keywords and also try with your own business keywords and industries:
– monthly event roundup directories
– monthly event roundup directories Australia
– monthly event roundup directories Brisbane
– business directories Australia
Now it’s your turn, choose 5 of these strategies that you feel most comfortable with and start to promote your business! You will only reap amazing rewards from your efforts.
If getting yourself out there to a wider audience is an area you are struggling with, I’ve got a few ideas for you … why not come along to my story-telling and writing workshop online or in a city near you and learn the tricks of my trade!
Get people talking about your business, sharing your content and tagging you for all the right reasons so you can get more sales, new clients and get high-end opportunities.