Did you know that around 40-95% of everything we do on a daily basis is habitual?
FACT: Studies by neurobiologists, cognitive psychologists, and others indicate that from 40 to 95 percent of human behaviour – how we think, what we say, and our overall actions – falls into the habit category. (Source: Helping Your Engineer Your Future)
Did that just blow your mind like it did for me? If this is the truth, then most of our days are spent on autopilot! However, some of our habits are not good ones.
To help you create great writing habits so you can grow your business, here are 11 amazing quotes to help you get motivated to write, write, write!
And if you’ve adopted some bad writing habits, like leaving everything to the last minute and having to create your content on a Sunday or not at all – it’s time to let go of the “she’ll be right” attitude and please read on!
Now, why 11, you may be asking.
Well it’s my birthday month and that’s my birth date. No more justification needed!
11 Quotes to Inspire Good Writing Habits
- “I only write when I’m inspired, so I see to it that I’m inspired every morning at nine o’clock.” – Peter De Vries, editor and novelist
- “And once you understand that habits can change, you have the freedom and the responsibility to remake them.” – Charles Duhigg, Pulitzer-prize winning reporter and the author
- “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou, poet, memoirist, and actress
- “Good habits are worth being fanatical about.” – John Irving, novelist and screenwriter
- “Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer.” – Barbara Kingsolver, writer and political activist
- “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” – Colin Powell, politician, diplomat and retired four-star general
- “Good writing is remembering detail. Most people want to forget. Don’t forget things that were painful or embarrassing or silly. Turn them into a story that tells the truth.” – Paula Danziger, children’s author
- “Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” – Gandhi
- “There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly: sometimes it’s like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny.” – Samuel Smiles, author
- “[As a writer] you have to have the three D’s: drive, discipline and desire. If you’re missing any one of those three, you can have all the talent in the world, but it’s going to be really hard to get anything done.” – Nora Roberts, author
Need some writing help so you can feel confident about your content?
Would you like to get into better writing habits and write online content that actually works? Of course you do!
Here’s the best thing you can do.
Join my free training: Get Results: How to confidently write copy that gets results and learn the secrets to confidently write your online copy so that it gets more leads and clients.
FACT: One of the biggest issues business owners have is knowing how to confidently write copy that connects and converts… so it gets their desired results – more leads and new clients!
If this is you or someone you know, I’ve put together a free training that you can access here.
This training is for you if:
– You don’t believe your content is good enough.
– You find it hard to come up with ideas for your content.
– You don’t feel confident promoting yourself or your business.
– You lack the writing ability and skills to really get the results you need to grow your business.
– You’re looking for a way to change this!
You will learn:
– 3x content success drivers to creating aligned online content.
– 5x stages of content creation – Your personal next steps – so you know where you’re going and what content you need.
– 5x content strategies to confidently WRITE so you start getting better results!
One of the ways to feel more confident about your content writing abilities is to just take the first step and start learning what you need to do.
If you’d like more confidence, leads, clients, sales, and opportunities, check out the training.